Friday, April 20, 2012


The Skatalites

This Jamaican band was created in the sixteenth century. The Skatalites (composed by nine members in the beginning) created the “ska”, the predecessor music’s style o f rocksteady and reggae. There were influenced by the jazz’s musicians from Jamaica and there were also influenced by Africans sounds and the boogie woogie, come from USA.
I like this band because it sounds good.
In general, its music is only instrumental, there isn’t singing and I like it very much because you can interpret the song from your feelings and sensations and not with your reason or your mind, you aren’t limited by the words, you are free..chachachaaaaaan.
And I also love rocksteady and especially reggae music, so there’s no way I couldn’t no like ska, because from it, this two styles appeared.  
One of my favorite song –I have to say that I’m far from know all of them- is “Swing easy”, a song from “Ball of fire” Album. I chose this one because it’s make me feel alright, it relaxes me but in an active way. 


Video:

4 comments:

  1. I remember The skatalites, you tell me about them in the Piquer's House, do you remember it? was very funny. see you Manu (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. a great band! for listen every moment
    Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent Manu, great job.

    Some comments:

    You say: "there is no way I could not like them".

    and don´t forget the 3rd person "s": It makeS me feel good.

    2 points

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice band, cool to relax and be with friends.

    Thanks.

    Paula

    ReplyDelete