Monday, June 4, 2012

Beetlejuice


It’s very very very very difficult to me to choose one movie as my favorite film… there’re so many good movies in the world! 
But well, life is the life. I’m going to choose one that I think you all know and you all saw when you were kids, it’s called “Beetlejuice”.
This movie is an American comedy horror film, catalogued as horror film because it shows horrible, dark and disgusting things but of a funny, coarse and burlesque way.
It was filmed in 1988 and directed by Tim Burton, famous for quirky-themed movies such as this one. 
The film stars Alec Baldwin, Geena Davis, Winona Ryder, Catherine O'Hara, Jeffrey Jones, Sylvia Sidney, and Michael Keaton as the titular Betelgeuse (the film's title being a phonetic spelling of the character's name).
The plot revolves around a recently deceased young couple who become ghosts haunting their former home and an obnoxious, devious "bio-exorcist" named Betelgeuse from the underworld who tries to scare away the new inhabitants permanently.
I like this movie because the hero is an anti-hero, he’s horrible, degenerate, rude, dirty, disgusting, bad, etc. and he is very funny because he is all that you don’t have to be.
I like the film also for his aesthetics, his scenery and setting, because it shows a surrealist world whit many colors, with strange things and creative and original monsters.


4 comments:

  1. hummm i will look for your movie!

    good luck

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Will see it for a better comment =)
    See ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Manu! Do you think I can see it with my son? He is 9 years old.

    Remember the spelling of "WITH".

    2 points

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, it's for all ages!!!
    ENJOY

    ReplyDelete