Friday, June 22, 2012

The Praying Mantis


I'm going to talk about one of my favorite animals, in that case, it's an insect: The Praying Mantis (or santateresa), it has this name because of the typical "prayer-like" stance.

It is usually 5–7.5 cm -who was introduce to America in 1899-,  it has two big compound eyes and three simple eyes between them. His front legs, which it supports withdrawals before the head, are provided with thorns to hold to his dams.


I like this insect because, when I see it for the first time, in "Karate Kid" the movie, Mr. Miyagi teach to Dani San that the Praying Mantis was a very good, calm, and intelligent animal, so he told him to follow its exemple. At the first Dani San thought that Mr. Miyagi was a freak and a crazy teacher. But with the passage of time he realice that the Prayer Mantis was very wise, and because it was a solitary animal who knows itself and can survive alone.


Of course I can have it at home, but I think that in any moment it can to escape to my garden, and I’m not really interested by having one!


It has a lot of freaks characteristics, one of them is that its head can turn even 180 ยบ!!!!
What a freaaakk!!



2 comments: